Apply Now: CA Renter/Landlord Relief Program
Need rent assistance? The application for the California COVID-19 Rent Relief program, passed by the California Legislature and Governor to help low-income Californians, is now available at this link - http://housingiskey.com.
It is designed to help address unpaid rent and utilities. For eligibility questions and application help, you can also call the Rent Relief Call Center at 833-430-2122
Relief: Who can apply?
How it Works
Landlords who participate in the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program can get reimbursed for 80% of an eligible renter’s unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if they agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent during that specific time period.
Eligible renters whose landlords choose not to participate in the program may apply on their own and receive 25% of unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. Paying this 25% by June 30, 2021 can help keep you in your home under the extended eviction protections.
Eligible renters can receive future rent assistance equal to 25% of their monthly rent. Combined with the assistance available for unpaid rent, future assistance will help renters stay housed once the eviction protections in SB 91 expire on June 30, 2021.
Eligible renters may also receive assistance for unpaid utilities and future payments. Unpaid utilities accumulated from April 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021 will be compensated at 100% of cost, limited to a total of 12 months.
Applications must include all required information, along with necessary verification items.
Once an application has been successfully processed, both the landlord and renter will be notified about the application status.
The CA COVID-19 Rent Relief program is not on a first come, first served basis. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. For all applications received, the state will first review and commit funds to applicants who are eligible and meet the priority requirement having income at or below 50% of Area Median Income (AMI) to ensure those most in need receive assistance
The application is at http://housingiskey.com. For eligibility and application help, you can also call the Rent Relief Call Center at 833-430-2122
Senator Susan Rubio
Senate District 22